~ Kyle's Story ~
Kyle Gracin Lewis was a beautiful healthy 7 year old who loved life…
swimming, baseball, camping, and riding his dirt bike…he was 100% boy!
He had a huge heart and lots of love to share with everyone he met. His hugs were the best and his smile lit up the world.
On August 29th, 2010, after a week full of smiles, swimming, fishing, boating, camping, and good ol' family time...our world stopped when Kyle went to be with the Lord.
Kyle passed away from the brain infection Primary Amoebic Meningoencephalitis (PAM) which was caused
by the water-born amoeba Naegleria Fowleri.
What we quickly found out was that this amoeba is common in fresh warm water and the infection it causes has no cure and as we painfully knew, progresses too rapidly for any life to have a chance against it!
What we also learned was that there are ways to avoid the amoeba and prevent the infection.
Kyle's family is now dedicated to making others AWARE of this AMOEBA.
The Kyle Lewis Amoeba Awareness Foundation has been established with the goal of informing families of the potential danger of Naegleria Fowleri which exists in most freshwater.
Through education and awareness,
our hope is to save lives and heartache for other families.
Our mission is to make others aware of the risk, inform them of the prevention, and to
work with doctors and researchers towards a rapid diagnosis and a cure!
Swim Safe and help SPREAD THE AWARENESS
Kyle Lewis Amoeba Awareness Foundation
~a freshwater amoeba
99% Fatal ~ 100% Preventable
Monsters Inside Me